10 Reasons to Invest in Turkey :
1. SUCCESSFUL ECONOMY : Promising economy with a bright future as it is expected to become one of the fastest growing economies among the OECD members during 2014-2016 with an average annual real GDP growth rate of 3.6 percent (OECD, February 2015)
2. POPULATION : A population of 77.7 million , Largest youth population compared with the EU , Half the population under the age of 30.7 , Young, dynamic, well-educated and multi-cultural population .
3. QUALIFIED AND COMPETITIVE LABOR FORCE : Over 29.2 million young, well-educated and motivated professionals , Increasing labor productivity , Approximately 610,000 students graduate annually from over 183 universities , More than 700,000 high school graduates with around half from vocational and technical high schools .
4. LIBERAL AND REFORMIST INVESTMENT CLIMATE : The second biggest reformer among OECD countries in terms of its restrictions on FDI since 1997 , Business-friendly environment with average of 6 days to set up a company, while the average in OECD members is more than 11 days , Around 41,397 companies with international capital in 2014 , Strong industrial and service culture
5. INFRASTRUCTURE : New and highly developed technological infrastructure in transportation, telecommunications and energy , Well-developed and low-cost sea transport facilities , Railway transport advantage to Central and Eastern Europe , Well-established transportation routes and direct delivery mechanism to most of the EU countries
6. CENTRALLY LOCATED : A natural bridge between both East-West and North-South axes, thus creating an efficient and cost-effective outlet to major markets , Easy access to 1.5 billion customers in Europe, Eurasia, the Middle East and North Africa .
7. ENERGY CORRIDOR AND TERMINAL OF EUROPE : An important energy terminal and corridor in Europe connecting the East and the West , Located at a close proximity of more than 70 percent of the world’s proven primary energy reserves, while the largest energy consumer, which is Europe, is located right to the west of Turkey, thus making the country a linchpin in energy transit and an energy terminal in the region .
8. LOW TAXES & INCENTIVES : Corporate Income Tax reduced from 33 percent to 20 percent , R&D and Innovation Support Law , Incentives for strategic investments, large-scale investments and regional investments
9. CUSTOMS UNION WITH THE EU SINCE 1996 : Customs Union with the EU since 1996 and Free Trade Agreements (FTA) with 20 countries (Ministry of Economy) , More FTAs underway , Accession negotiations with the EU
10. LARGE DOMESTIC MARKET : 39.9 million broadband internet subscribers in 2014, up from 0.1 million in 2002 , 71.9 million mobile phone subscribers in 2014, up from 23 million in 2002 , 57 million credit card users in 2014, up from 16 million in 2002 , 166,5 million airline passengers in 2014, up from 33 million in 2002 , 35.9 million international tourist arrivals in 2014, up from 13 million in 2002